Site Network: MyFriendster | MyFlickr | MyFacebook | MyWebshots

 





World Tallest Men! Who claims the tallest?

Everywhere I go, everywhere I stand, even I sit, people will look at me at a different way. Some will laugh and whisper their friends while looking at me, some will come straight and ask "Hey, how tall are you?" 6 feet?

I will then entertain them, "Ya, more than that!" I'm so used to it. Strangers will always take this matter to start a conversation with me. Come on, I am just 187cm horizontally. For Americans, that's normal, nothing special. But in Asia, that's TALLL, people say.

Now let me show you, my fellow friends, how to describe T-A-L-L!


TALLEST OF THEM ALL

According to Guinness World Records, the tallest man in medical history for whom there is irrefutable evidence is Robert Pershing Wadlow. He was born at Alton, Illinois, USA, on February 22, 1918, and when he was last measured on June 27, 1940, was found to be 2.72 m (8 ft 11.1 in) tall.

Wadlow died as a result of a septic blister on his right ankle caused by a brace, which had been poorly fitted only a week earlier. He was buried in a coffin measuring 3.28 m long, 81 cm wide and 76 cm deep.

Wadlow's greatest recorded weight was 222.71 kg on his 21st birthday. His shoe size was 37AA (47 cm, 18½ in long) and his hands measured 32.4 cm from the wrist to the tip of the middle finger. He wore a size 25 ring. His arm span was 2.88 m and his peak daily food consumption was 8000 calories.

At the age of nine, he was able to carry his father Harold F. Wadlow, later Mayor of Alton, who stood 1.8 m and weighed 77 kg, up the stairs of the family home.


TALLEST MEN TODAY

Hussein Bisad (7′9″) claims to be the world’s tallest man.

Guinness World Records announced Xi Shun the tallest living man. Xi Shun (China, b. 1951), measured 7 ft 8.95 in (2 m 36.1 cm). Beating the previous holder Radhouane Charbib (Tunisia) by just 2 mm (0.07 in), Xi Shun claims that his height was normal for his age until he was 16. As a comparison, his father stood at 5 ft 10.8 in (1.8 m) and his mother was 5 ft 2.8 in (1.6 m) tall.

However USAToday has an article about Leonid Stadnyk (8′4″) and far more likely to hold the title. But why Guinness still claims Xi Shun? The Height Site says he has yet to be confirmed by Guinness.

I've checked out Wikipedia, then, I found out that Leonid Stadnyk refused to be measured by Guinness World Records although claiming to be the tallest man in the world. That's why..

Guinness commented:

Leonid Stadnik refuses to be measured by us. We have been told that it is because he doesn't want to court publicity — yet he continues to claim to be the tallest. Unfortunately we can only conclude due to previous experience, that he refuses to be measured officially by us because he is not the height he claims to be.



So, Who is the tallest then? Me is definitely out of the question.




I Digg! I I



Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

posted by Jason @ 5:09 PM,

3 Comments:

At December 29, 2006 at 1:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I DO BELIEVE THAT LEONID STADVYK TO BE THE WORLD'S TALLEST MAN. I DO NOT THINK THAT THERE IS ANY EXAGGERATION ON HIS HEIGHT . THE MAN HAS REFUSED TO TAKE ANY MONEY OR TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ANY OFFERS GIVEN TO HIM . HE WANTS TO LIVE A QUITE SIMPLE LIFE ( WHICH I DO NOT BLAME HIM ).

 
At December 30, 2006 at 11:18 AM, Blogger Jason said...

He is very humble indeed

 
At February 7, 2010 at 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Escape Idle Downloads Using NZB Downloads You Can Swiftly Search Movies, PC Games, MP3s, Applications and Download Them at Maxed Out Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB Search[/B][/URL]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home