Site Network: MyFriendster | MyFlickr | MyFacebook | MyWebshots

 





One disaster after another for Indonesia. What is next?





From sinking ferries, deadly floods, crashing planes and killer earthquakes, it's one disaster after another for Indonesia...What is happening to Indonesia?





















April - July 2006
Mount Merapi volcano spews ash, lava; 15,000 villagers evacuated

May 2006
Mud volcano erupts, 15 people killed, 13,000 flee
Quake in region leaves 6,000 dead; 1.5 million homeless

June 2006
Flooding leaves 350 dead or missing; 13,000 homeless

July 2006
Tsunami kills 650 people; more than 100,000 left homeless

December 2006
Floods, landslides kill more than 100; around 350,000 homeless
Ferry sinks carrying 600 people; 350 died or remain missing

January 2007
Plane disappears, 102 people missing

February 2007
Massive floods leave 80 dead, 500,000 affected
Ferry catches fire, killing 53, dozens remain missing

March 6, 2007
Quake leaves at least 71 dead

March 7, 2007
Plane bursts into flames, killing dozens


Ok, we surrender. What's next for Indonesia?
If you notice, I just created a new post yesterday specially for the Earthquake happening on March 6,2007 which kills more than 80 people in Sumatra. Haven't settle with this disaster, here comes another in the next day March 7, 2007.



"23 DIE IN INDONESIAN PLANE"

JAKARTA (March 7, 2007): Survivors from the Indonesian jet that burst into flames and overshot the runway on Java Island yesterday said many people had been trapped in the inferno. Officials said 140 people were on board the Garuda flight from Jakarta to Yogyakarta. 23 people including two Australians, died in the crash.






























"There was a bump, then the plane wobbled, and from the back people were screaming Fire!"
"My friend and I jumped off the plane through the emergency exit. We jumped on the wing and then into paddy field. Then I saw it explode"
"I saw dozens of bodies badly burnt"
"I saw people dead in the cockpit"
"I thought it was all over for me"





I can imagine how dreadful life is during the moment for survival. Everyone will do whatever they can do to survive. This is the moment when the ugly side of human reveals... many will fight selfishly, pushing each other, stepping on each other, trying their best to flee... some will just sit there crying .. some speechless, appreciating their last breathe.. children crying, passengers start screaming, a complete chaos!


How scary! I could not stop imagining.. Sigh.. let us pray for those who are unlucky, may you rest in peace. Stop punishing Indonesia! No more disasters.. they had enough of these...



I Digg! I I


Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Jason @ 1:50 PM,

2 Comments:

At March 8, 2007 at 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aikz...sad~

 
At March 30, 2007 at 3:05 PM, Blogger Mika Halpin said...

i'm Indonesian and i can't describe the sad feeling i have to all of those disasters.

I myself not in Indonesia at the moment. Hoping all of Indonesians back there can face this disaster with the best manner.

I just keep on praying and hoping that there will be no more disaster happens in Indonesia. I believe God make disasters to make our nation stronger and even better in the future.

for Jason:
thanks for posting this article!
you're the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home